New Social Media Marketing Tool Makes Sharing Other People’s Content Profitable
If you are a bit like me, you often share other people’s content. Simply think of the content you share on your social media accounts on sites like Facebook and Twitter. The problem with sharing other people’s content is that you get little in return: your fans and followers click the link you’re sending them, they read through the content that you’ve shared and then close the article again, and go on with their lives. There’s not a lot in it for you…
Wouldn’t it be great if you could use content that is not our own and turn it into an opportunity to generate conversions or drive traffic to your own website?
Well,… now you can!
I just bumped into an online tool that allows you to create all sorts of fun social sharing options, including links, buttons, and forms. It is an online marketing tool that allows you to drive conversion through the content you share across social media.
Sniply is is a social media marketing tool that allows you to add an overlay carrying a call-to-action that appears in the window of the page you are sharing. This overlay is completely customizable: you can add your own text, and your photo or logo to it. You can also pick the colors that suits you best.
Let’s say you’re sharing someone else’s blog post on Twitter, Facebook or any other social network. With Sniply you can simply create a ‘Snip’ by pasting the destination URL into the Sniply creator, creating a clear call-to-action and adding the link you want people to click on (e.g. you website). Once you click the ‘Create Snip’ button, a shortened link is created for you – ready to send out or share on any platform of your choice.
(This sharing can be done from within the Sniply admin panel, since they provide quick links to share on a variety of platforms including Hootsuite, Buffer, Twitter and Facebook.)
Take this article for example:
I’m writing this to let you know about Sniply. Before this amazing service came around, you would click the link, visit the site I recommend, but you would probably never return to my website. Thanks to Sniply I can add this attractive overlay with a click-attracting message, which will definitely send extra traffic to my website, or signups for my mailing list. Traffic & subscriptions I wouldn’t have gotten if I wouldn’t have used the Sniply-link.
Here’s a screenshot of the Sniply creator screen:
Note that you can choose your type of CTA: you can not only add a link or a button, but you can also add a simple optin form that connects to your mailing list in order to grow your mailing list fast. (Integrating the form and adding an image is only available in the upgraded plans.)
When you’ve got your link set up, you can click the ‘Customize’ link to change the look and feel of the overlay. You can change the text and background colours, and pick one of the available themes: a speech balloon, a full-width banner or a rounded rectangle. You are also free to decide in which corner of the screen you want your overlay to show up. If you uprade to the paid business plan, you can also add your own logo to make your blurb look even more professional.
Once you’re completely happy with what you’ve created, you can click the ‘Create’ button. You’ll be presented a shortened link which you can preview and/or share on several social networks instantly.
You can see what the end result looks like by clicking the button below
But Sniply doesn’t stop there. As if this great functionality alone isn’t enough, they overdeliver and offer loads of other features:
- Sniply offers several browser extensions that allow you to Snip links as you are posting to quite a lot of websites/apps (like Facebook, Twitter, Buffer, LinkedIn, TinyURL, SproutSocial, Hubspot, Aweber and more… Over 30 different apps in total.)
- You can set up Sniply Feeds to create entire sets of automatically snipped links. Just provide a stream of RSS content, choose the Call-To-Action that you would like to put ontop of the stream, and then make use of the output feed in your favourite feed reader app.
(See an example of the RSS feed I created in 2 clicks HERE. Click any of the links to see the overlay pop up.)
- The Bulk Sniply Creator allows you to create Sniply links out of a large collection of URLs.
- Sniply also helps you to track all your clicks and conversions. Their analytics dashboard will give you the insights you need to continuously optimize your conversion rate for social media success.
- You can even team up with others. On the ‘Team’ page, you can invite team members to generate and manage your Sniply links, view analytics, and more.
But What About The Pricing?
Sniply offers 3 different plans:
- The Free Plan, which allows you to create unlimited links, and get up to 100 conversions a month. As a free user you are allowed to have 1 profile and up to 3 team members, while you also have access to the Sniply analytics tool and can create custom buttons.
- The Pro Plan, which is reasonably priced at $16/month, also gives you unlimited links, but instead of only 100 you can go up to 500 conversions a month. Pro users can have up to 5 dfferent profiles and up to 3 team members. They also have access to the analytics, can create custom buttons and – as an extra – they can also add a signup form to their overlay.
- The Business Plan will cost you $85/month. With this plan you get unlimited links, up to 5000 conversions each month, up to 50 profiles and 10 team members. The business plan gives you access to all features available:
- Sniply analytics
- Custom buttons
- Custom forms
- Custom banner upload
- Connect 3rd party analytics
- The use of a custom, branded domain name
If you sign up today, you get free access to the Pro plan for 2 weeks. This gives you the chance to test out the bigger part of the features before you decide which plan you’ll choose.
As a bonus, they also have an affiliate program set up which will pay out 20% commission on all subscriptions from the customers you refer.
To end this article, I want to say that I’m really excited about the tool. The site is very user-friendly, you get the hang of it almost immediately. There’s also a good support system put into place, with an extended support FAQ- database, and a blog filled with interesting articles.
I have been looking for a tool like this for a long time, but never found one that was as easy to use as Sniply.
I’ll be using it very often for sure – being able to turn a simple share into a profitable action is simply priceless
I really recommend that you give it a try. Start with the free plan and go with the flow. After all, as long as it is free, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Let me know what you think after you’ve tried it.
Liked This Post? Like us on Facebook or subscribe to our newsletter here